Start new with ports in contrib

I need rebuild contrib… I have tried just delete it but I get into a situation where no ports can be be prepared. How do I start over?

I’m not sure exactly what you’re describing, but if you delete the build/ folder, or even delete the entire genode folder and re-clone the repo, you should get rid of any lingering state.

Yes of course. But it has to / I need a not so brute force solution.

May you be more specific about the errors you get?

In any case, deleting any subdirectory within contrib should be fine. If the port in question uses a downloaded archive (as opposed to git clone), you may also consider removing the corresponding archive from contrib/cache/ (e.g., if the download is damaged for some reason). Deleting the whole contrib directory is rather extreme but should be no problem either.

May you be more specific about the errors you get?

I get errors when prepare ports. The test -d fails completely and it refuses to go on if the directories isn’t there. This is true if I delete things in contrib or the whole thing. The only way out has been to start all over from scratch.

Unfortunately, I’m neither able to reproduce the issue nor offer an explanation. For example, the following sequence of commands works as expected:

~/src/genode$ mv contrib contrib.bak
~/src/genode$ ./tool/ports/prepare_port vim
vim  download https://github.com/vim/vim/archive/v7.3.tar.gz
vim  extract v7.3.tar.gz (vim)
vim  apply src/noux-pkg/vim/build.patch
vim  generate vim.hash
~/src/genode$

Unfortunately, I’m neither able to reproduce the issue nor offer an explanation. For example, the following sequence of commands works as expected:

OK. I don’t know it might be just linux port. I am moving everything to a new place now since out of disk space.
I will try vim and see what happens.